- Expert Guidance and Support
- Transfer of your Loved One
- Care and Preparation
- Quality of Care
- Visiting your loved one
- Simple Cardboard Coffin
- Crematorium of our Choice
- Transfer to the Crematorium
- All Cremation Fees
- Cremation Within 21 days
- Scattering the Ashes
What’s included in our £995 funeral package?
A Budget Funeral service has everything you need for a simple cremation.
• Expert guidance and support
• Transfer of your loved one from hospital, hospice or coroner’s mortuary within 30 miles of our base in Barnet during normal working hours1 (We can collect outside of this area but any additional mileage is charged at £2.00 per mile)
• Care and preparation of your loved one in our private chapel of rest
• No compromise in the quality of care we provide
• Visiting the deceased in our private chapel of rest during normal working hours
• Simple cardboard coffin, manufactured from recycled cardboard, with wood effect print
• Transfer to the crematorium of our choice for an early morning unattended service2
• All cremation fees
• Cremation to take place within 21 days from arrangement confirmation
• Scattering the ashes in the Garden of Remembrance at the crematorium3
1Transfer in normal working hours (9am to 5pm Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays) within a defined 30-mile geographical radius of our funeral home in Barnet– see map here For transfer outside of this area, we can collect but any additional mileage is charged at £2.00 per mile.
2An attended funeral will incur an additional cost of £25.00
3Alternatively you can collect the ashes direct from the crematorium. We will ask if you wish to collect your loved one’s ashes when we arrange the service for you.
• Collections made from a private residence, care or nursing home4
• Collections made out of normal working hours4
• Doctors’ fees (a statutory requirement in some cases. Fee is £164 for the two Doctors who must sign the certificate of cremation)
• Hearse, funeral directors, bearers
• Officiant or ministers’ fees (if applicable)
• Couriering of ashes to your home address
4For collection from private residence, care or nursing home or collections made outside of normal working hours, a £210 additional fee applies.
Simply ask us for details and we will confirm all costs before you decide to go ahead.
- Hearse, Director and Bearers – £300
- Out of Hours Collection – £210
- Limousine and Our Staff – from £200
- Coffin Upgrade – from £175
- Embalming – £120
- Additional Mileage – £2.00 per mile
- Courier Delivery of Ashes – POA
- Minister / Civil Celebrant – POA
- Orders of Service – POA
- Floral Tributes – POA
Additional Service Options Explained
We have a range of funeral service options to choose from in addition to our basic Budget Funeral service.
Motor Hearse, a professional Funeral Director and our team of bearers – £300
For a service where we attend on the day of the cremation and carry the coffin from the hearse
Collection ‘out of hours’ or from a residential, care or nursing home address:
Transfer of your loved one from private residence, care or nursing home – £210
Transfer of your loved one from hospital, hospice, coroner’s mortuary (out of working hours) – £210
Limousine and our staff – £200
Upgrade the coffin:
The coffin provided is a cardboard coffin. You are welcome to select a superior coffin finish as an upgrade.
The following coffins are available at the additional upgrade price shown:
“The Middlesex” Sapele effect coffin – upgrade £175
A traditional, foil veneered matt finish coffin in a ‘Dark Wood’ foil veneer
Fitted with nameplate, brass effect handles and lined with a white taffeta interior frill
“The York” Light Oak effect coffin – upgrade £200
A traditional, foil veneered matt finish coffin in a ‘Light Oak’ wood foil veneer
Fitted with nameplate, nickel effect handles and lined with a white taffeta interior frill
“The Rochester” Light Oak veneer coffin – upgrade £250
A traditional, light oak veneered coffin, polished finish with raised bead mouldings on the lid and sides.
Fitted with nameplate, nickel effect handles and lined with a white taffeta interior frill.
Embalming of deceased – £120
Additional funeral/collection mileage – £2.00 per mile
Dependent on which crematorium is chosen, an option is available where your loved one is transferred by our funeral ambulance to the service but we can provide a limousine for family members
Courier Delivery of Ashes to your postal address:
For an additional fee we can arrange for your loved one’s ashes to be returned to you via a courier within 7 working days of the cremation service. Please ask us for a quotation as couriers’ charges depend on distance to your home address.
Enhance the funeral for your loved one with more personalised services and upgrades:
If you are looking for a more traditional funeral, where friends and family can attend the cremation service, a minister to conduct the service or the use of a motor hearse, a Funeral Director and professional staff, we have a range of options that you can choose from to meet your personal requirements.
Minister / civil celebrant – please ask for details
Orders of Service – please ask for details
Floral Tributes – please ask for details